Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Day, A New Idea...

Any of those who know me personally know, I've recently become a SAHM within the past year.  During this time I've been trying to find the perfect routine for myself, newborn, 18 month old and 11 year old son.  As well as a husband working swing shifts, a dog and an older house and now I've gotten myself a handful of responsibilities.  I love them all!  My other passions aside from my family are my "hobbies" which mostly consists of anything to do with fiber (knitting, crocheting, felting, spinning and dying) as well as many others.  I wanted to mostly create this blog to motivate me and share my trials and errors of my hobbies as well as mommy-hood.  I want to share the ups and downs of being a SAHM while hoping to maybe pass on some hobbies and how-to's to others looking for a way to spend time (not like there's much of that to go around) while their kiddo's are occupied.  Please bear with me, I am new to blogging and time is limited so I can't make any promises and there may be a nice huge lapse between posts from time to time.

I also have an Etsy shop.  It's something that makes me feel like I'm still contributing to society while changing diapers in my living room. If you get a chance, please check it out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/davenportgroves .  I am very excited to share my projects in the works and completed outcome.  

Unfortunately, at this point, my laptop is sitting on a shelf awaiting a new charge cord.  Right now I am working on an old dinosaur back-up who's memory is full so I can't upload pictures into it.  I would hate to leave this post without a few pictures of current projects but you'll have to bear with me.   I have four going at the moment.  A crocheted woven cowl, a knitted chunky cowl, and a crocheted shawl will more than likely be winding up in my Etsy shop.  The other is a bag of alpaca fiber I am spinning...this I will be hoarding to myself.  It came from my Aunt's alpaca farm and it means a lot to me but I will be happy to share it's progress.

If you haven't done so, please take the chance to subscribe.  I will try to promise you won't regret it!  You can tag along on this blog ride from the beginning right on through and hopefully share a lot of laughs with me along the way.  Comments greatly appreciated!


In the meantime, I will sign off with a picture (in my dinosaur laptop album) of my old, stinky, cantankerous dog, Ollie.  He's not enjoying this January weather and maybe knowing his mug is out on my blog will make him feel better.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment