Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Busy Set Of Days With A Promise Delivered!

Okay, so despite my house becoming utter chaos, I was able to get the dyeing tutorial all ready for you this weekend as promised.  For those of you who want to learn how to dye your animal fibers with Kool-Aid, food coloring and natural dyes...click here!


Rockabilly Chic leftovers for swatches...All done!

Other than that, it was a busy set of days trying to get projects finished while balancing the time with the regular household duties and spending time with the kids.  Lets face it, generally kids win.  They need to.  I can't complain, mine were perfect gents and I was able to get a lot accomplished (notice the status changes in my sidebar?).  Today is a different story.

Handspun Alpaca :)
The alpaca yarn is all spun and I am very proud of it.  I wish you could feel how soft it is.  I keep it laying around for motivation.  I want to start on my wrap in the worst way possible but I set the rule that I cannot until I get my other projects finished.  So, that in itself has been great motivation.  I have my shop to set up to be featured on the 29th and want to get as much of my works up there that I haven't yet.  I realize you can see what I have on my side bar but I also have a sealed bin that when I'm finished with something and it needs to be listed...it goes there.  Essentially it's waiting for its own special little photo shoot but it's a lot of time and work involved so I try to get around as much as I can to make it more worth it.
It will be nice when I get a lot of this done.  I plan on maybe spending a couple days (if I can help it) not working on anything and just playing with the kiddos.  I have a list of phone calls I need to return (very sorry guys, I'm not ignoring you) and e-mails from friends to respond to.  These are the days I live on coffee.  That is until it makes my stomach knot or when I'm up so late and can't sleep I consider it a great friend.  How sad is it I would have separation dreams when I was pregnant and nursing?  In my dreams I would sit down to a HOT (even though I can drink coffee now doesn't mean it's hot by the time I can get to it) cup of coffee and drink cup after cup.  It's the little things that always make me happy.


Well, time to leave you for a bit.  I must place myself back in the real world this moment as I have a hungry child waiting for his lunch to be served.  If I don't blog again before Monday, I'm wishing everyone a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment